I bought the Babyliss Pro Ceramic Curling Iron 19mm a few months ago and have loved it. Since then, I’ve put the 1-inch (32mm) curling iron on my wishlist. I finally got it from my shopping haul at RY.com.au
The Babyliss Pro Ceramic Curling Iron 32mm has a similar look/function to the 19mm –
- Same Clip to hold the hair
- 25 different temperature settings for fine, medium and thick hair
- Slightly rubbery gripped handle
- 360 swivel cord
- the push on/off button
- the little metal stand that can get hot if it touches the heated barrel
- heats up extremely quickly
Of course, the only difference between the two is the width of the barrel. The 1 inch barrel gives a bigger looser curl compared to the curls from the 19mm. It is great for giving loose waves to the hairstyle or giving some texture to the hair.
I love this new 1-inch curling iron. It heats up quickly and curls the hair very quickly, giving tight curls and loose waves at the same time. It definitely gives more define curls than my GHD.
AUD$60 (varies from store to store, however, most stores does a price comparison)
Where to buy:
Most hair salons or hair/beauty stores
Do you have a 1-inch hair curler you love? What brand is it?
Well, here I go again.. shopping. Yes, I have a shopping addiction. There is always something I want to buy, regardless of whether I need it or not. So, what’s on my recent wishlist? A hair curling tool from, of course, a hair shop.
I’m a believer in getting the best price and so, I scouted the internet looking for the best price. Ahhh, the wonders of the internet. I actually found the best price from a Hairdresser’s shop but I came across a website and really liked it. It’s called My HairCare. I took a chance and sent them an enquiry asking if they price matched. Lo and behold, they did!! They answered my query really quickly and professionally as well.
Here’s what attracted me to the website:
- You earn points when you buy (although not much)
- If you post up a picture review, you get a discount off your next purchase
- Great customer service (of course, I only found this out after sending them a query or 2)
- The website was easy to navigate
- Free shipping(!!!) if you purchase over $50, plus at the time of my purchase, it was a free upgrade to express post
- You do not lose your “basket” after a short period of time
- They accept Paypal (my favourite way of making payment)
Currently on the website, there is a promotion going. You get an upgrade to express shipping. For those of you who are impatient like me. This is great! I made my order on Monday night and got my purchases on Wednesday morning. Yay! One thing I would say though, was that I felt that my purchases were not packed as well as I would like. It was wrapped in two sheets of paper, instead of bubble wrap. There was “Fragile” written on the box but I’m still slightly paranoid (I have tendencies to be quite paranoid with my stuff)
I would definitely repurchase from this shop in future. The customer service is great and the concept of the store is fantastic (definitely one of a kind in Australia). If only they stocked more products.
Have you found a shop that you really liked?